17 May 2011
International Theatre Institute (ITI)
The purpose of the International Theatre Institute is to promote international exchange of knowledge and practice in theatre arts in order to consolidate peace and friendship between peoples, to deepen mutual understanding, increase creative co-operation between all people in the theatre arts.
To achieve this purpose, the ITI shall:
- encourage activities and creation in the field of the live performing arts (Drama, Dance, Music theatre);
- aim at an enlargement of the existing collaboration between performing arts disciplines and organizations, both national and international;
- establish international offices and foster the establishment of National Centres of the ITI in all countries;
- collect documents, disseminate all types of information and issue publications in the realm of the performing arts;
- co-operate actively in the development of the «Theatre of Nations» and encourage and co-ordinate the organization of theatrical congresses, workshops and meetings of experts, as well as festivals, exhibitions and competitions, both on regional and interregional levels, in co-operation with its members;
- defend the free development of the performing arts and contribute to the protection of the rights of performing arts professionals.
To achieve this within the ITI the member Centres of the organization shall be guided by the principles of mutual respect of the national traditions of each country.
06 Sep 2010
06 Jun 2017
17 Jun 2011