International Theatre Institute Korea Centre
A worldwide network, the International Theatre Institute (ITI) aims to promote international exchange of knowledge and practice in theatre arts (drama, dance, music theatre, any of the performing arts) in order to consolidate peace and solidarity between peoples, to deepen mutual understanding and increase creative co-operation between all people in the performing arts.
The International Theatre Institute ITI:
- uses the power of the performing arts as an indispensable bridge-builder for mutual international understanding and peace;
- supports and highlights the deep discourse taking place on our stages;
- focuses on art-making and advocates for the practice of performing arts on every level: politically, culturally, educationally, socially;
- encourages transference of knowledge and research in the performing arts;
- helps performing arts professionals share ideas and build connections with each other;
- nurtures, develops and connects international performing arts professionals;
- facilitates one-on-one communication between Centres and fosters active projects between countries;
- acknowledges the legacy of traditional work forms and embraces innovation;
- supports through its network the protection and promotion of cultural diversity and identity within the performing arts.