Croatian ITI Centre - International Theatre Institute
Hrvatski centar ITI / Croatian ITI Centre was founded in 1994 as a non-profit professional organisation, which has grown from a small organisation of theatre enthusiasts to a programmer of theatre projects (International Drama Colony, Motovun – From Text to Performance, Croatian Showcase, Foreign Drama and Theatre Days) and promoter of Croatian theatre and drama on the international level.
The main activities of the ITI Centre are:
- Carrying out international cooperation and promotion of Croatian theatre, drama, and dance;
- Translating Croatian playwrights and introducing their texts through public readings;
- Inviting foreign selectors, programmers, directors, translators and theatre professionals to Croatia and enabling them to see the best theatre and dance productions;
- Striving for the visibility of Croatian theatre and playwrights on the European and world theatre map and making them sought after;
- Publishing promotional publications and magazines on Croatian theatre, drama, and dance in world languages;
- Instigating the exchange of writers on the basis of mutual cooperation, such that both theatre milieus present their best writers and pieces.