i Light Singapore 2024 open call
Asia’s leading sustainable light festival i Light is calling for applications of light art installations from international artists for its 10th edition, from 31 May to 23 June 2024 at Marina Bay.
For this edition, they invite artists to explore various forms of Sustainability and Sustainable Living – of environment, economy and culture – and examine how light art can create conversations about our lifestyles, decision making and the community.
The curatorial theme of i Light Singapore 2024, Cyclical Nature, calls for innovative light art installations that draw inspiration from the colour green, associated with nature as well as sustainable concepts such as the circular economy and upcycling. Cyclical Nature reimagines the endless potential of everyday objects that are disposed of and their impact on nature through redesign, restoration, and repurposing.
All local, regional, and international artists, including architects, designers of various specialties (lighting, product, industrial, etc.), artists and multimedia specialists.
The budget available to selected artist(s) to produce and deliver the light art installations is 18,000 SGD each, which will cover the following:
- Artist and design fee
- Selected artwork production costs
- Additional logistics cost (e.g. air freight, local logistics), if required
- Additional artist airfare and accommodation outside of what is provided by the Festival
- Any other special maintenance and operation cost
The festival will also cover the following costs:
- Venue liaison and site management
- Local regulatory approvals
- Transportation of artwork
- Insurance coverage
- General maintenance of the artwork during the Festival period
- General security during set up, tear down, and during the Festival period
- Airfare and accommodation for one person, up to a maximum of five days, for the purpose of installing the artwork and attending the Festival opening
Deadline: 17 September 2023