ART4SEA two-year residency programme 2024–2025
The EU-funded project ART4SEA is calling for applications from Europe-based artists for a 7-day residency, online programme and exhibition on the islands of Ustica (Italy), Alonissos (Greece) or Gozo (Malta), from 2024 to 2025.
In 2024, the 3 small islands in the Mediterranean Sea will host a 7-day residency programme. Artists will be encouraged to design artworks to be integrated into the marine, natural and architectural landscapes of the islands, thus creating an open-air and underwater museum making the 3 islands a guiding light for ocean conservation.
The Residency Programme will select 8 artists for each island:
- 4 Digital artists
- 3 Street/Urban/Guerrilla/Ecological/Graffiti/Land artists
- 1 Artist producing underwater artworks/sculptures
The programme covers two years
- Cooperative learning and training activities on ART4SEA topics (from February to May 2024), such as online meetings, lessons, and workshops.
- A 7-day artists-in-residence with participation in cross-fertilisation workshops with local communities.
- Physical artwork creation, on-site installation, and creation of the digital artworks.
- On-site exhibition.
- Digital Exhibition for the web and the metaverse.
In 2025 only artists creating physical artworks will participate in on-site activities for the installation. Digital artists will finalise their artworks and collaborate to the digital exhibition remotely.
What is provided?
ART4SEA covers transportation costs, board and lodging, some production costs for physical artworks (from 500 EUR to 2,000 EUR) and prizes (from 2,000 EUR to 3,500 EUR).
- Experience in one or more artistic categories
- 18 years of age
- Based in a European country
- Good English knowledge
- Preferably basic knowledge of the island local language (Italian or Greek)
Deadline: 10 November 2023