Korea | 10th Geumgang Nature Art Biennale 2022 open call
The 2022 Geumgang Nature Art Biennale in Korea aims to create a new discourse of nature art for the re-wilding of nature and art, and calls for artworks under the theme of "Again, Multiplicities of Rewilding." The 10th Geumgang Nature Art Biennale is becoming a venue of festivals and exchanges of nature artists around the world which introduces new encounters with nature along with art.
We look forward to seeing fresh and competent works on nature art through various formative languages of artists. The artwork plan participated in the open call for the Geumgang Nature Art Biennale will be presented in the 2022 Geumgang Nature Art Biennale Project Exhibition for the selection of invited artists.
Please see full text of open call (downloadable from website) for details of the theme and considerations.
Submission Deadline: by June 30, 2021
■ Project Exhibition Period: August 28 – October 31, 2021
■ Project Exhibition Venue: Geumgang Nature Art Center
■ Model Drawing for the Project Exhibition
- - The model drawing must be a realizable proposal for the 2022 Geumgang Nature Art Biennale Outdoor Exhibition at Yeonmisan Nature Art Park.
- - The model drawing expressed with various media such as drawing, painting, collage or computer graphics must follow the size A3(420x297mm).
- - The model drawing must indicate the detailed plan including size, materials, production method, and others, and reflect the appropriate durability as an outdoor installation work.
- - More than just ideas, it is expected as a work plan with independent artistry.
■ Artist Selection for the 2022 Geumgang Nature Art Biennale and Conditions
- - This Project Exhibition is to select artworks for the 2022 Geumgang Nature Art Biennale and artists will be invited after deliberation by the artist selection committee.
- - Announcement of Selection: November 30, 2021 (Individual announcement)
- - The selected artists will receive an artist fee of KRW 3,000,000.
- - Artwork materials will be supported by the organization. For production details, it will be discussed between the artist and the organization after the proposal is accepted.
- - The costs of food and accommodation during the production period are covered by the organization.
- - A roundtrip ticket is covered by the organization.
- - Production(realization) Period: August 1 - 23, 2022 (approximately 3 weeks)
- - Exhibition Opening: August 27, 2022
- - A symposium and YATOO nature art workshop will take place during the production period.
- - A sightseeing tour to local cultural sites will be organized.
- - The artist’s presence is required during the opening day.