Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy, Republic of Indonesia
The main task and function of the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy is to carry out government affairs in the tourism and creative economy sectors to assist the President in administering state government.
In carrying out its duties, the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy carries out the following functions:
- Formulation and stipulation of policies in the field of tourism and creative economy;
- Formulation, determination, and implementation of technical policies for the development of resources, institutions, destinations, infrastructure, industry, investment, marketing, tourism products and the implementation of activities, as well as the digital economy and creative products in the tourism and creative economy sectors;
- Coordination and synchronization of policy implementation in the field of tourism and the creative economy;
- Preparation of norms, standards, procedures, and criteria in the field of tourism and the creative economy in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations;
- Implementation of technical guidance and supervision in the field of tourism and creative economy in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations;
- Preparation of a national tourism development master plan and a creative economy master plan;
- Management of data and information in the field of tourism and the creative economy;
- Guidance, provision, and implementation of administrative and substantive support to all organizational elements within the Ministry/Agency;
- Coordination of the implementation of tasks, guidance, and provision of administrative support to all elements of the organization within the Ministry/Agency;
- Management of state property/wealth which is the responsibility of the Ministry/Agency; and
- Supervision of the implementation of tasks within the Ministry/Agency.