28 May 2011
Miniestero Per I Beni E Le Attivita Culturali
According to the Italian law for Cinema (Legislative Decree 22 January 2004, No. 28, as amended) and pursuant to Articles 21 and 33 of the Constitution, the Italian Republic recognizes the film as a fundamental means of artistic expression, cultural training and social communication.
The Directorate General:
- provides financial assistance in support of the production, distribution and exhibition industry and funding initiatives to promote film culture;
- promotes and coordinates initiatives for development and improvement of film production, and for the dissemination of European films in Italy and abroad, in agreement with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- performs administrative tasks related to the recognition of Italian nationality, the status of cultural and art-house film;
- performs administrative tasks related to the tax benefits (tax credits, tax shelters);
- performs administrative tasks related to the granting of clearance to the public screening of films;
- supervises the Foundation Center of Cinematography at Cinecittà Luce SpA and the Fondazione La Biennale di Venezia;
- performs administrative and accounting audits, inspections and control of supervised entities and recipients of grants from the Ministry.
25 Jul 2018
03 Sep 2010
22 Aug 2013