22 May 2011
Lithuanian Filmmakers Union
- Financing creative activities of members of the Union and their participation in international film festivals,
- organizing premieres and film reviews, initiation, financing and support of publications on film art.
- Protecting the rights of members of the Union, Protection of creative, social, copyright and other rights of members of the Union. Representing members of the Union in various public institutions.
The association main tasks include:
- The formation and integration of cinema policy into the overall Lithuanian culture policy context, - - making public the relevant problems of filmmakers society
- Analysis and search for possible solutions, initiation of laws, coherent with cinema.
Spread of the cinema
Information about Lithuanian film creators and films are distributed by e-mail and through the internet site. Making contacts with filmmakers, organizers of international film festivals, distributors and audience, and cultivating them are one of the organization’s priorities.
Lithuanian Filmmakers Union is a member of Confederation of Filmmakers Unions, European Council of Artists and Federation of European Film Directors (FERA).