Center for Advanced Studies of Southeastern Europe (CAS – SEE)
Center for Advanced Studies of Southeastern Europe (CAS – SEE) is an organizational unit of the University of Rijeka, specialising in the social sciences and humanities. Designed as a regional hub for high-level academic research, the Center aims to stimulate public discourses on topics with high societal relevance for the region and Europe. The vision of the Center is to promote freedom of research and to ensure the necessary prerequisites for innovative, intellectual and scientific development. The Center strives to strengthen the transnational and regional scientific cooperation on a range of socially pressing issues with relevance for the humanistic and social sciences.
The main activities of the Center are:
- Scientific research in the field of social sciences and humanities.
- Supporting the research projects of young and senior researchers.
- Establishing new and strengthening existing regional and international networks and collaboration.
- Promoting professional cooperation and exchange between internationally recognized research centers in the region and regional scientific community with international institutions.
- Organising and participating in programs and events to develop, improve and promote research in the social sciences and humanities.
- Gathering young scientists in the field of South-Eastern Europe with the aim of improving the quality of research in the social sciences and humanities in the region
- Interdisciplinary collaborations
- Coordinating and implementing visits and stays of local and foreign scholars, students and staff in interdisciplinary fields and the field of social sciences and humanities.