Trans Europe Halles | job opportunity
Trans Europe Halles (TEH) is looking for a driven and experienced Communications & Development Director to help the network to establish itself as a leading network for professional development and exchange in the international cultural sector. Job based in Lund, Sweden.
The communications aspect of the role focuses on two exciting new pan European projects, developing the TEH brand internationally and communication of the network’s activities. The development aspect involves leading the start-up and strategic development of the TEH Academy and related projects.
Application deadline: 14 June 2015
Submit your application to join the TEH team in Lund, Sweden from the 1st of September.
We are looking for a highly driven and confident professional who is passionate about communication, culture, international exchange and developing new ideas. You have at least 8 years of work experience in strategic communication, building partnerships across sectors and leadership in the creative industries, cultural or educational sectors. We think that you are a strong communicator with an entrepreneurial spirit who understand the needs and aspirations of people in the creative sector.
Communications: Main Responsibilities
- Design and lead the strategic communications strategy for the current two European projects, including PR, advocacy and media.
- Ensure that these projects and the other work of TEH is effectively communicated to stakeholders at different levels; from the European Commission to national and regional governments as well as reaching the diverse landscape of cultural practitioners and organisations around Europe and beyond.
- Develop and realise a successful communication and media strategy for the promotion of all events, online tools and peer-to-peer platforms of Trans Europe Halles and its projects Engage and involve the membership of Trans Europe Halles in the development of the network and its activities as well as motivating the project partners in collaboration with the project managers.
- Develop the TEH brand and its reach so that it better underpins the network’s aim to take a leadership role in the European cultural sector and beyond.
- Significantly improve the network’s visibility in the European cultural sector and beyond.
TEH Academy Development: Main Responsibilities
- Develop the concept, brand and business model of the TEH Academy including a consultancy service and build partnerships for its realisation.
- Build partnerships for its development and realisation across sectors, including arts and culture, creative industries, academia, social and private sectors.
- Work with partners to design and launch the first programmes of the TEH Academy; exchange, education and professional development.
- Support the office team, members and the Executive Committee to develop consultancy services that create income by sharing the unique knowledge, skills and experience of the Network.
- Work with the team to test, refine and grow the services so that they significantly contribute to the long term financial stability of the network.
Download the full job description and submit your application before the 14th of June. Submit your application including a CV and a motivation letter describing how your experiences relate to what is required of the position of max 1 page via e-mail to Secretary General Birgitta Persson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trans Europe Halles (TEH) is a European based network of cultural centres initiated by citizens and artists that advocates and promotes culture, makes accessible its knowledge and encourages new centres and initiatives. With more than 70 members and associates all over Europe, the network functions as a dynamic forum for ideas, experiences and exchange, supporting its members and their communities. Trans Europe Halles contributes to building a sustainable future for the independent cultural sector.