17 Oct 2014
Seoul | MMCA Residency Changdong | call for visual artists
MMCA Residency Changdong run by National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea, is now accepting applications for the International Artists Residency Program 2015. Established individual visual artists from outside Korea who are aged 25+ and proficient in English are invited to apply (3-month or 6-month residencies).
Deadline: 17 Oct 2014
* Online application starts from 16 September, 2014
* Closing date for applications: by 18:00 in Korean time 17 October, 2014 (arrived for post)
Residency session: please choose only one session
1st term : 14 January 24 June, 2015 (3 artists)
2nd term : 1 July 9 December, 2015 (3 artists)
1st term: 14 January 1 April, 2015 (3 artists)
2nd term: 8 April – 24 June, 2015 (1 artist)
Venue: MMCA Residency Changdong (Seoul, Korea)
Origin of candidates: All regions of the world (except Korea)
Eligibility for Application:
Applicants must be established individual artists who are over 25 years old.
* Only individual artist available, not duo or team. Work partner, assistant, spouse and family member are allowed for day visit only.
Artist who has not previously participated in a program at MMCA Residency (Changdong/ Goyang).
Proficiency in English (required)
Benefits for artists:
- Private studio including accommodation space inside (free of charge)
- Opportunities for exhibition at studio gallery
- Visiting program, seminar and cultural excursion
- Allowance: KRW 1,000,000 (USD 900) monthly basis (totally KRW 6,000,000 for full 6 months resident artists and KRW 3,000,000 for full 3 months resident artists) * Amount of allowance could be decided by resident period