Malaysia | Southeast Asian arts residency
Rimbun Dahan art centre in Malaysia is calling for applications from Southeast Asian artists for one- to three-month funded residencies in 2023.
Located less than an hour from the centre of Kuala Lumpur, this residency call is for artists and arts managers in any discipline from and based in ASEAN nations: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
Rimbun Dahan, a private arts centre, provides workspace and accommodation in a quiet garden setting. This residency is recommended for artists seeking solitude, silence and/or space to focus on their work, or artists who have specific professional interests in the indigenous Southeast Asian garden, the heritage textile collection, or contemporary and heritage architecture.
What is provided at this residency?
- Accommodation and studios/workspaces, including electricity and water
- Monthly allowance of MYR 1,000
- Administrative support on-site
- Access to artist lounge, library, exercise equipment, tennis court, and swimming pool
- Weekly transport to nearby supermarket
Rimbun Dahan prefers applicants who:
- Have already committed at least a few years to their professional arts career, who are not within three years of graduation from their initial arts degree or training
- Have had professional training in their discipline (especially for visual artists) and are undertaking a professional level of practice
- Are self-motivated and able to live and work independently
- Are completely vaccinated against COVID-19
Deadline: 16 September 2022