Malaysia | Southeast Asian Arts Residency 2024
Rimbun Dahan, Malaysia, is calling for applications from ASEAN artists in any discipline for their Southeast Asian Arts Residencies 2024.
The Southeast Asian Arts Residencies are for artists working in visual or performing artists, and literature. Applicants must be from and based in ASEAN nations only (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Viet Nam). The residencies are intended to provide an opportunity to live and engage in artistic work at Rimbun Dahan in Malaysia (less than an hour from Kuala Lumpur), for 1–3 months.
This residency is recommended for artists seeking solitude, silence and/or space to focus on their work, or artists who have specific professional interests in the indigenous Southeast Asian garden, Malay heritage textile collection, or contemporary and heritage architecture.
Resident artists are expected to participate in one scheduled open studio day during their residency.
What is provided:
- Private studio/workspace
- Monthly allowance of 1,000 MYR
- Orientation to the residency and limited on-site administrative support
- Access to artist lounge, library, exercise equipment, tennis court, and swimming pool
- Weekly transport to nearby supermarket
They are looking for applicants who:
- Have committed more than 3 years to their professional arts career
- Have had professional training in their discipline and are undertaking a professional level of practice
- Are self-motivated and able to live and work independently
- Are vaccinated against COVID-19
- Have an idea for a project that can be carried out at Rimbun Dahan
Deadline: 16 September 2023