Italy | Life on Mars 2022 exchange and creative lab call
Liv.in.g. is calling for applications from artists for Life on Mars 2022, an exchange and creative lab that will pose key questions around cultural cooperation and the role of the international community in a transformed world.
Life on Mars will take place in Bologna, Italy from 13–16 October 2022, with additional online events including webinars and mentoring sessions taking place up to January 2023. Artists from Croatia and Scotland can apply for additional support.
In the last two years opposing tensions have emerged, such as hyper-connectivity versus localism, international solidarity versus nationalism, international cooperation versus monolithic representation. The COVID-19 pandemic and new international conflicts reveal that old approaches are no longer fit for purpose.
Life of Mars 2022 will put all of these topics at the core of the debate among established and independent artists, cultural professionals and researchers.
What it involves:
- Introduction session
- Webinar curated by Creative Carbon Scotland
- Live event in Bologna (13–16 October)
- 1 individual mentoring session (November 2022/January 2023)
- 2 collective sessions on relevant topics (November 2022/January 2023)
- 1 final online event (January 2023)
Activities will be held in English.
Who can apply?
The entire process will be reserved for no more than 100 participants: artists, cultural operators, cultural managers, public and private cultural organisations and public institutions.
Support for artists from Croatia and Scotland
- Kultura Nova Foundation will provide grants for five participants who are representatives of civil society organisations in contemporary arts and culture from Croatia.
- Creative Scotland will provide grants for four participants from Scotland.
Deadline: 20 July 2022
Four international partners – Liv.in.g., Kultura Nova Foundation, Creative Scotland, and On the Move – have been working since the start of the pandemic to create a model to bring professionals together to imagine our future.