European Theatre Convention Artist Residency Programme 2023
The European Theatre Convention (ETC) is calling for emerging theatre artists (particularly stage directors and dramaturges) to apply for their ETC Artist Residency Programme 2023, offering placements of four to eight weeks at ETC Member Theatres.
The selected artists will join the creative team of a theatre production process, thus gaining insights into new working methods and discovering the daily routine and structures of a European public theatre. The ETC Artist Residency Programme is a scholarship that supports international cooperation, fosters new perspectives and professional artistic experience. It does not offer a paid position in the participating theatres.
What does the Artist Residency Programme offer?
- Residency in one of the participating theatres with mentoring
- Travel from the applicant’s hometown to the theatre within Europe and countries participating in the EU Programme Creative Europe (up to 300 EUR)
- Accommodation during the time of the residency in the city of the theatre
- Financial contribution to local expenses
- Participation in the ETC International Theatre Conference in Opole (Poland), May 2023 (including travel, per diems and accommodation)
Where are the ETC Artist Residency Placements?
ETC is offering seven residency placements:
- Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe (Germany/Karlsruhe), 27 March 2023 – 26 May 2023
- Cyprus Theatre Organisation (Cyprus/Nicosia), 6 February 2023 – 19 March 2023
- Divadlo Jána Palárika v Trnave (Slovakia/Trnava), 20 March 2023 – 5 May 2023
- Göteborgs Stadsteater – Backa Teater (Sweden/Göteborg), 24 January 2023 – 31 March 2023
- Schauspielhaus Graz/Austria, To be jointly determined, between 1 January 2023 – 30 June 2023
- Slovak National Drama Theatre (Slovakia/Bratislava), 3 January 2023 – 13 February 2023
- Slovensko Narodno Gledalisce Nova Gorica (Slovenia/Nova Gorica), 3 January 2023 – 17 February 2023
Artists from all over the world are welcome to apply. There are no set criteria for eligibility, but ETC recommendslooking at the language and former experience requirements for each theatre, as these will vary.
Deadline: 25 October 2022