17 Sep 2017
Germany | WimmelResearch-Fellowship open call
The »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« addresses artists aged up to 35 coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, sound, design, literature, time-based media as well as web-based media, who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange. The WimmelResearch-Fellowship will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung.
The collaboration is based on the development of Platform 12, an experimental space designed by the artistic duo Wimmelforschung in collaboration with Bosch as part of Bosch’s new center for research and advance engineering. The platform serves as a creative hub and room for reflection as well as communication for all researchers. It offers an environment that allows its employees to work independently from the organizational structure of the company. As an essential feature, Platform 12 contains a permanent collaboration with Akademie Schloss Solitude, in the framework of which artists of various disciplines intervene into the company’s structure and organization as indirect observers and instigators from outside.
The purpose of the fellowship is to support encounters as well as interdisciplinary exchange in the context of science, economy and art. The collaboration’s aim is not the production of a specific artistic work, but the encounter and the process of intercommunication itself.
The »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« addresses artists coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, sound, design, literature, time-based media as well as web-based media, who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange. A willingness to open communication and sensibility towards the specific working environment are essential. An active examination and artistic reflection of the respectively encountered working conditions in the context of Platform 12 are required. The decision on content and form of expression of the work are however principally open and left to the artist.
- The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence)
- If applicable, a project-related budget for the realization of a project
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist in her or his role as agent will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
Deadline: 17 September 2017
02 Aug 2016
25 Jun 2011
18 Jun 2015