Germany | Akademie Schloss Solitude | residency call
For the fifteenth time, Akademie Schloss Solitude is granting approx. 70 residency fellowships of three to twelve months in duration. More than 1.200 artists from moren than 100 countries have developed and advanced projects at the Akademie since its opening in 1990, creating a close-knit, global network of Solitude alumni that expands from year to year. The Akademie persues an intense exchange between artistic and scientific disciplines. With the art, science & business program the transfer of knowledge and experience between the arts, the sciences and economics can be deepened to create new synergies of creativity, inventiveness and management.
International artists are invited to apply from the following disciplines: Architecture (design, landscape architecture, urban planning), Visual Arts (including performance art), Performing Arts (stage design, dramatic texts, dramaturgy, musical theater, performance, direction, drama, dance), Design (fashion, costume, product and furniture design, visual communication), Literature (essay, criticism, poetry, prose, translation), Music/Sound (interpretation, sound installation, sound performance, composition) and Video/Film/New Media (including video installation, fiction and documentary).
Furthermore, scholars, scientists and professionals from the disciplines of the Humanities, Social Sciences (with a focus on culture and the politics of space), Economy/Economics (with a focus on urban policy), and Culture & Law (with a focus on authorship) are invited to apply.
Application requirements for a residency fellowship (SEE WEBSITE for full details):
- You are aged up to 35 years, or you have completed a university or college degree within the last five years.
- You have completed your academic studies. Please note that applications from those still enrolled in degree programs during the application round will not be considered. Graduate students may submit applications.
- A limited number of fellowships are awarded regardless of the applicants' age. Decisions relating to the above will be made by the responsible juror.
- Would you like to apply as part of an artist group? In this case, each group member must fill in an application form on their own behalf. However, the various applications must be sent in a single application/mailing with the joint work samples. Artist groups applying online are asked to upload the same materials and refer to the group application.
- Knowledge of German, English or French is a prerequisite for application.
Applicants are obliged to register and pay the application fee (an administration fee) of € 15 (no return of materials). This fee applies ONLY to applicants from industrialized countries (see list of countries).
The deadline for all applications is 31 October, 2014!
Further information on the programmes at Akademie Schloss Solitude