Germany | Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowships programme call 2021
Akademie Schloss Solitudein Germany supports young artists, scholars, scientists, as well as cultural and economic professionals via residential fellowships. International call for Solidude fellowships, offered across seven fields of practice.
The candidates should not be older than 40. Applications from students enrolled in degree programs will not be considered; PhD students may submit applications. A very limited number of fellowships can be awarded regardless of the applicants’ age. Application rounds for Solitude fellowships are held every two years. The jury awards a maximum of 65 fellows. 45 live/work studios and three guest studios are available.
Scholarships are usually awarded for a period of six, nine or twelve months.
Knowledge of either German and/or English and/or French is a prerequisite for application.
The Solitude fellowship is a residential fellowship. Fellows are obliged to spend at least two thirds of their fellowships at the Akademie. All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register residence).
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating,
- A monthly fellowship grant of € 1,200,
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
Spheres of practice:
- VISUAL – Visual arts and media
- AURAL & PHYSICAL – Music and performing arts
- DIGITAL – Digital Solitude
- SPATIAL – Architecture and design
- TEXTUAL – Literature and language
- SOCIETAL/COMMUNAL-BASED WORK – Education, mediation, theory
- SCIENTIFIC – art, science & business/Humanities, social, natural and economic sciences
Deadline for applications: 30 November 2021