Fukuoka Asian Art Museum artist residency 2023
Fukuoka Asian Art Museum (FAAM) is calling for applications from artists, researchers and curators active in Asia to apply for their 2023 residency programme in Fukuoka, Japan.
Since its inauguration in 1999, Fukuoka Asian Art Museum (FAAM) invites Asian artists, researchers and curators to stay in Fukuoka to engage in various exchange programmes with the local community, including collaborative art-making, workshops, and talks. Through the residence programme, FAAM intends to promote further understanding of Asian arts and cultures, to vitalise local communities, and to be a focal point for exchanging ideas and aesthetics through Asian arts.
Around 9 artists/groups will be selected, with 4 artists from abroad, 2 artists from Japan and 3 artists from Fukuoka.
- July – October 2023 (maximum 90 days)
- September – December 2023 (maximum 90 days)
- January – March 2024 (maximum 60 days)
Support from FAAM
- Expenses for travel, accommodation, living, art-making and installation of the work
- Support for art-making as well as collaborations with local professionals in the art field and universities, etc.
- Publicise applicants’ activities/artworks
Deadline: 20 January 2023