Culture Moves Europe: Mobility for artists and professionals 2022-23
Culture Moves Europe mobility grants are now open for individual artists, creators and cultural professionals residing in a Creative Europe country aiming to implement a project in another Creative Europe country with an international partner (organisation or individual).
Culture Moves Europe is the new permanent mobility scheme funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union and implemented by the Goethe-Institut. It will offer grants to partially fund the cost of travel (transport, accommodation, etc.) for artists, cultural professionals and host organisations in all Creative Europe countries who work in the sectors of architecture, cultural heritage, design and fashion design, literary translation, music, performing arts and visual arts.
There are rolling evaluations assessed monthly, with the cut-off date at the end of each month. The publication of results happens in the third week of each month until June 2023. The mobility can be at any time, for the duration agreed, within one year after signature of the grant agreement.
The scheme will foster sustainable and inclusive mobility and give particular attention to emerging artists and cultural professionals.
Who can apply?
- Individual artists and cultural professionals (A&CP) or groups of individuals (2–5 people)
- Aged 18+
- From all educational qualifications and levels of experience
- From all cultural and creative sectors covered in the Culture Strand of the Creative Europe programme (architecture, cultural heritage, design and fashion design, literary translation, music, performing arts and visual arts)
- Legally residing in a Creative Europe country (eligible countries including Overseas Countries and Territories and Outermost Regions of the European Union): Albania, Austria, Armenia, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Tunisia, Ukraine
What is the grant for?
The mobility scheme allows A&CP to internationalise their activities and horizons by pursuing one of the following objectives: to explore, create, learn or connect.
The mobility conditions include the following:
- The mobility duration includes travel time and project implementation: 7–60 days (for single individual) or 7–21 days (for groups of 2–5 individuals)
- The mobility must take place within one year
- The mobility must be uninterrupted
- The mobility must take place in a single destination
Deadline: 31 May 2023