Brussels | Festival of the New European Bauhaus - call for proposals
From 9 to 12 June 2022, in Brussels, the European Commission organises the first edition of The Festival of the New European Bauhaus. Open call to participate: propose activities on site or side events elsewhere, in line with the New European Bauhaus values.
The Festival offers many opportunities for individuals and groups to get involved. You can present a project or initiative at the Fair, showcase artistic or cultural performances at the Fest. Events and initiatives organized independently in Brussels and beyond (the EU and the world) between 9 and 12 June 2022 are also invited to join the Festival as Side events. Their core activities should be in line with the New European Bauhaus values.
The Festival of the New European Bauhaus consists of three pillars:
- The Forum: to exchange views and debate topics relating the New European Bauhaus;
- The Fair: to exhibit and showcase projects and prototypes reflecting and supporting the values of the New European Bauhaus;
- The Fest: a moment of celebration bringing together culture, art and conviviality celebrating freedom of expression with radical, innovative, disruptive ideas and visions.
The 2022 edition of the Festival will be a hybrid event and the core activities will take place in Brussels, with side events across the EU and beyond. It will be disseminated on a dedicated digital platform accessible from the New European Bauhaus initiative website.
You can propose activity(ies) to be exhibited and/or performed in Brussels as part of “The Fest” pillar of the Festival:
• cultural and artistic programmes and exhibitions, such as plastic arts, photography and digital art, music, theatre and storytelling, dance, drawing, paintings, 3D installations and other;
• participatory creative activities involving citizens, such as workshops, theatre, competitions or more;
• conviviality moments with citizens and associated pop-up spaces, such as musical performances, concerts or live music shows, etc.
The deadline for submission of applications has been extended to the 21st of March!
The New European Bauhaus (NEB) expresses the European Union’s (EU) ambition of creating beautiful and sustainable spaces, products and ways of living together. It promotes a new lifestyle where sustainability matches style, thus accelerating the green transition across our economy, from construction to furniture and fashion, as well as in other areas of our daily life and societies. The New European Bauhaus brings a cultural and creative dimension to the European Green Deal. It brings out the benefits of the environmental transition through tangible experiences at the local level.