New European Bauhaus Prizes 2023
The New European Bauhaus Prizes 2023 are open to applications from EU Members States and those in the Western Balkans for initiatives linking sustainability, aesthetics and inclusiveness.
The Prizes recognise existing projects and young people’s concepts, which demonstrate that the sustainable solutions promoted by the European Green Deal can also be inclusive and beautiful, bringing high-quality experiences to people's everyday lives.
The Prizes will be awarded in 4 thematic categories:
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- The need for long-term, life-cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem
In each of the four categories, there are 3 parallel competition strands
- Strand A: “New European Bauhaus Champions”, devoted to existing and completed projects with clear and positive results.
- Strand B: “New European Bauhaus Rising Stars”, dedicated to concepts submitted by young talents aged 30 or less.
- Strand C: “New European Bauhaus Education Champions”, devoted to initiatives focusing on education and learning.
There will be 15 prizes in total. The jury will select 12 winners (one winner for each category in each strand). There will be 3 winners selected through an open public voting (one winner per strand).
All winners will receive a monetary prize:
- 30,000 EUR for winners of the New European Bauhaus Champions (Strand A) and New European Bauhaus Education Champions (Strand C),
- 15,000 EUR for winners of the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars (Strand B).
Deadline: 31 January 2023