Australia-Indonesia Institute | call for grant applications
The Australia-Indonesia Institute (AII) seeks to foster links between Australia and Indonesia by increasing cultural awareness, promoting cooperation and exchange, and enhancing understanding between the two nations. Call for applications for seed funding grants. Australian and Indonesian citizens and organisations are eligible to apply (see guidelines for more details).
The objective of the Australia-Indonesia Institute (AII) 2018 grant round is to provide seed funding for innovative programs and initiatives which strengthen people-to-people and institutional links with Indonesia and deepen mutual understanding and cooperation between Australia and Indonesia.
The Australia-Indonesia Institute (AII) has identified the following priority areas for its grant round:
- Social initiatives (including entrepreneurship, religion, sport and health)
- Contemporary Arts & Culture
- Gender and women’s empowerment
Grant applications for a minimum of $10,000 or maximum of $40,000 per year will be considered.
The objectives of the Program are to promote people-to-people links and a contemporary and positive image of Australia and support for the Australian Government’s international policy goals.
The expected outcomes of the Program are:
- strengthened bilateral relationships in areas of mutual interest with particular countries and regions,
- international networks, collaboration and connections between institutions and communities to build understanding, trust and influence,
- enhanced Australian international reputation and reach through the promotion of our economic, creative and cultural, sporting, innovation and science, and education assets, and
- increased understanding of Australians of the cultures and opportunities in each of these countries.
Apply by 5pm (AEDT) on 21 Mar 2019.