12 Aug 2013
Asia New Zealand Foundation residencies | open call to NZ artists
The Asia New Zealand Foundation is now taking applications for five artist-in-residence programmes throughout Asia. Successful candidates will live and work in Asia at prestigious residency organisations for three months, and will have the opportunity to meet and work with other international artists and curators.
Preference will be given to projects with potential for artistic collaboration and exhibition outcomes. Successful candidates will be required to provide progress reports of their residency to the Foundation and to seek opportunities to share their experience on their return to New Zealand – this could mean an exhibition, a series of presentations or artists talks, or publication of articles.
The Asia New Zealand Foundation will provide an $8,000 grant to each successful applicant to cover travel and living expenses for three months. Artists may need to put in some of their own funds, or secure funding from other avenues, to supplement their living or production costs.
- Applicants must be professional, practising artists. That is, they must make the bulk of their income from practising art or working within artistic fields;
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents;
- Applicants must be currently residing in New Zealand, and intending to live in New Zealand for at least one year after they complete the residency;
- Applicants must be professional emerging and mid-career artists with a record of achievement. Students or artists within three years of finishing study are not eligible to apply.
Five residencies are offered (check website for conditions for each):
- Shalini Ganendra Vision Culture Art Residency (SGFA), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 1 Shanthi Road, Bangalore, India
- Cemeti Art House, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Goyang Art Studio, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
- Taipei Artist Village, Taipei, Taiwan
A residency in Japan will be offered later in 2013
Read more about the residencies
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 August 2013
Image: CHRIS POLE, Repeat Pattern | SGFA Artist in Residence at Shalini Ganendra in Kuala Lumpur | exhibition August 1 - August 30, 2013
15 Mar 2016