22 Oct 2014
20th IFVA Awards | Incubator for Film and Visual Media in Asia - call for entries
Call for entries for the 20th IFVA Awards - film and visual media. Two categories (Asian New Force and Media Art) are open to nationals/permanent residents of Asian countries and regions - other categories are aimed at Hong Kong permanent residents.
Organised by Hong Kong Arts Centre, ifva is an Incubator for Film and Visual media in Asia (formerly the Hong Kong Independent Short Film and Video Awards). Founded in 1995, ifva serves as a platform that actively promotes and encourages creative talents in Asia, making short films, videos, animation and media art.
Asian New Force Category
- There is no restriction on shooting format.
- Any type of film and animation (including fiction, documentary, experimental, except commercials) can be submitted to this category.
- The Entry must contain English subtitles.
Media Art Category
- Entry must be a completed work.
- Media Art works can be in all forms and formats. Digital art, interactive media, computer game, sound art, kinetic art and any other time-based installation are all welcome.
- Concept and design of work, demo video, technical requirement, set up plan and diagram are required to submit for assessment.
- The documents and video should be in English or with English subtitles
See website for guidelines for all five categories and check your eligibility carefully
Deadline for entries: 22 October 2014
Entries must be produced on or after 1 October 2013. Works that have been updated after the said date are also eligible
Travel, cash and media equipment prizes are offered in the Asian New Force and Media Art categories.
- To discover and nurture the next currents for local creative industry of moving images
- To encourage creativity, aesthetics and innovative use of medium
- To encourage cross-fertilization of creativity, knowledge and experience on media creation among different regions in Asia
Eligibility note - Asian countries and regions which are included for IFVA Awards (specific categories - see guidelines) are: Afghanistan; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Brunei; Cambodia; China; China (Macau S.A.R); East Timor (Timor-Leste); Georgia; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Israel; Japan; Jordan; Kazakhstan; North Korea; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Malaysia; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Oman; Palestine; Pakistan; Philippines; Qatar; Russia; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; Sri Lanka; South Korea; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Thailand; Turkey; Turkmenistan; United Arab Emirates; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; Yemen
28 Aug 2011
02 Oct 2013
02 Dec 2010
17 Apr 2015
29 Mar 2019