Hong Kong International Film Festival
The 35th Hong Kong International Film Festival
20 March - 5 April 2011
General Entry Regulations
The Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF) is one of Asia’s most reputable platforms for filmmakers, film professionals and filmgoers from all over the world to launch new work and experience outstanding films. As a competitive event, the HKIFF serves as a platform for international film exchange, to promote better understanding between global cultures, and to discover new talents from around the world.
The programme comprises features, documentaries, shorts and animations organized into the following sections:
1. ASIAN DIGITAL COMPETITION: Regulations
2. HUMANITARIAN AWARDS FOR DOCUMENTARIES: Regulations
3. SHORT FILM COMPETITION: Regulations
4. GLOBAL VISION: 30-40 new works including special programmes and tributes
5. INDIE POWER: 15-20 new independent and avant-garde works
6. REALITY BITES: 8-12 new documentaries
1. Except Hong Kong productions, films must not have been shown in Hong Kong prior to the Festival screenings.
2. English subtitles are required for non-English language films.
1. A completed entry form (via online submission or download the entry forms) must be submitted with a synopsis, the director’s biography/filmography and a VHS/DVD screener to the HKIFF Society Office before the entry deadline on 31 December 2010. Rough cuts or non-final versions are not accepted.
2. All VHS/DVD screeners should be labeled with the title, running-time, screening format (accept 35mm, Beta SP or Digital Beta only), contact information (name, phone and email) and confirmation number.
3. All submitted materials will not be returned.
1. Early-bird Entries: 10 December 2010 (submission via mail validated by HK postmark date, online submission before HK time 24:00)
2. Late Entries: 31 December 2010 (submission via mail validated by HK postmark date, online submission before HK time 24:00)
3. All successful applications for the Summer IFF 2010 will automatically be considered for the 35th HKIFF. No re-application is necessary.
40 to 80 USD, see website for details