Brisbane | World Theatre Festival 2014
Running over 11 days from 13-23 February 2014, World Theatre Festival (WTF) is a festival of performance - Brisbane Powerhouse’s iconic global contemporary performance event where culture and spectacle collide.Featuring works that challenge the traditional definitions of theatre, WTF14 brings together a worldly ensemble of irreverent, iconoclastic performance artists unlike any other. Programme includes:
- Abandon - an Australia/Scotland partnership create a visceral new opera dance experience
- Wedhus Gembel - Snuff Puppets in an Australia/Indonesia collaboration project
- All That Fall - Samuel Beckett re-imagined by Pan Pan Theatre from Ireland
- Black Faggot - a multimedia production from New Zealand
- Solpadeine is My Boyfriend - about a new Irish generation, who were promised it all...
- Underground - a pop-up Korean speakeasy bursting with live music and magical storytelling