04 Jul 2011
Over the years, The Substation has worked with some of Singapore’s most critically acclaimed artists, writers and intellectuals; currently we are working closely with our Associate Artists. Just as importantly, younger and emerging artists are constantly approaching us to use our venues, and to get our support.
The core programmes of The Substation focus on our key objectives of promoting interdisciplinary contemporary art practice in a critical and rigorous manner. Through our core programmes we hope to encourage research, experimentation, and innovation in the arts, bringing different artistic perspectives together in critical dialogue.
- Open Call Programme - a visual arts platform to support and realise strong artistic, critical and rigorous visual arts proposals.
- Associate Artist Research Programme - a two-year residency programme for invited art practitioners
- Substation Conferences - conferences aimed at fostering dialogue and discussion on pertinent issues facing the arts community,
- Moving Images Programme - Singapore’s first year-round programme dedicated exclusively to independent and short films.
- Tribal Gathering - a series aimed at expanding its music programme.
- Directors’ Lab - a research and mentorship programme focused on developing theatre directing methodologies with the guidance of theatre and performance practitioners based in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
- Learn* - public education and arts appreciation programmes for Primary and Secondary schools, JCs/CI and ITEs.
- SeptFest - a month-long festival of performance, visual, sound, filmic and literary art.
- The Love Letters Project - a postcard project initiated in 2009
17 Feb 2012
12 May 2010
07 May 2011
28 Nov 2016