28 Jun 2011
Palace Of Culture (Istana Budaya)
Istana Budaya is aimed to raise the standard of the performing arts, to develop artistic excellence in theatre, to popularize high quality theatre productions, and to develop a higher sense of artistic appreciation.
This prominent landmark is on the top ten list of most sophisticated theatres in the world, as it is built with state-of-the-art stage equipment and a theatre's floor area of 21,000 m² as part of the 54,400 m² cultural complex. The building represents the country and its culture in many ways. The traditional Malay house is reflected in the overall design of the building, whose roof resembles a traditional floral and leaf arrangement.
Istana Budaya is also the residence of the National Theatre Company and the National Symphony Orchestra.
To be a reputable stage performing act in Malaysia with a world-class status.
Developing an artistic excellence in stage performing art.
- To create a high quality of art manifestation in dance, performing art and music in line that suitable with 1 Malaysia aspiration.
- To enhance an artistic excellence in performing art which is respectable and successful at Istana Budaya.
- To increase people participation in 1 Malaysia concept. To be an expert to artist in capability to produce national art creativity
ISTANA BUDAYA FUNCTION
- To plan and implement quality performance in theatre, dance and music at national and international level.
- To increase quantity of excellent and ideal show in Malaysia
- To plan and implement effective marketing strategy through communication technology for betterment of people.
- To provide advisory service and increase stage performing art expertise