27 Mar 2011
Ljubljana International Film Festival - LIFFe
At present the Festival comprises the following sections:
- Perspectives - the official competitive section of the festival, which presents the work of new authors.
- Avant premieres - which screens films purchased for Slovenian distribution.
- Kings and Queens – presenting films by notable and award-winning filmmakers of contemporary cinema.
- World Film Panorama – offering front runners of five-continent festivals.
- Extravaganza – late night cinema showcasing daring idiosyncratic artists addressing sensual topics.
- Retrospective - focus on films featuring major cities.
- Focus - an insight into one or more of the hottest national cinematographies (e.g New German Film).
- Tribute – a dedication to leading filmmakers.
- Cinema-Integral –presenting an overview of short experimental films.
- World In Short - a selection of short films, a competitive section.
- Kinobalon - a section for young cinema-goers (aged 7-14); in association with Kinodvor Cinem.
There are four main awards; Kingfisher, Audience Award, FIPRESCI Award and Best Short Film Award. The Kingfisher award is judged by three-member international jury and is presented to the best film in the Perspectives section of the festival.