27 Mar 2011
Ljubljana International Film Festival - LIFFe
At present the Festival comprises the following sections:
- Perspectives - the official competitive section of the festival, which presents the work of new authors.
- Avant premieres - which screens films purchased for Slovenian distribution.
- Kings and Queens – presenting films by notable and award-winning filmmakers of contemporary cinema.
- World Film Panorama – offering front runners of five-continent festivals.
- Extravaganza – late night cinema showcasing daring idiosyncratic artists addressing sensual topics.
- Retrospective - focus on films featuring major cities.
- Focus - an insight into one or more of the hottest national cinematographies (e.g New German Film).
- Tribute – a dedication to leading filmmakers.
- Cinema-Integral –presenting an overview of short experimental films.
- World In Short - a selection of short films, a competitive section.
- Kinobalon - a section for young cinema-goers (aged 7-14); in association with Kinodvor Cinem.
There are four main awards; Kingfisher, Audience Award, FIPRESCI Award and Best Short Film Award. The Kingfisher award is judged by three-member international jury and is presented to the best film in the Perspectives section of the festival.
19 Apr 2011
14 Mar 2011
01 Oct 2010
16 Jul 2013
02 May 2011
03 Feb 2012