31 Jan 2014
Asia-Europe Museum Educators Grant Programme [New Deadline]
The ASEMUS Exchange of Museum Educators Grant Programme enhances professional development of museum educators in Asia and Europe and strengthens connections and cultural understanding between the two regions.
ASEMUS (Asia-Europe Museum Network) is a cross-cultural network of museums with Asian collections which promotes mutual understanding through collaborative activities and works towards facilitating the sharing and use of museum collections. One of the key challenges facing museums in Asia and Europe today is education.
The program has three goals:
- To develop a broader knowledge about and understanding of one another’s cultures, collection and strategies in audience engagement
- To observe, in each other’s workplace, best practices in museum education between partner-museums
- Mutual capacity building in the development of educational activities together with promotion of social and intercultural dialogue
ASEMUS offers grants for the exchange of museum educators between Asian and European museums. Applications will be subjected to an international peer review panel which will select the participants.
- Museum educators can apply for a 2-week exchange and work on projects that are mutually beneficial, address critical issues and themes.
- A total of eight awards will be available for 2014 and 2015 in amounts between Euro 4000-5000.
- The total value of the grant for each partnership is to be shared between partner-museums and is intended to assist with mobility funding (e.g. international airfare, domestic transportation, taxi to/from airport, travel insurance, visa), accommodation and living expenses as well as educational exchange programme related-materials.
NEW DEADLINE for submission of 2014 grants: January 31 2014
Read the full details and how to apply on ASEMUS Asia-Europe Museum Network
08 Sep 2010
17 Jul 2014
04 Feb 2015
28 Feb 2012
02 Oct 2018