Arts and Theatre Institute's programme develops exchanges between Czech Republic and Asia
ASEF Culture is collaborating with the Arts and Theatre Institute (ATI) and PerformCzech in Prague, Czech Republic, to develop exchanges of performing arts professionals between the Czech Republic and Asia. Thanks to the "ProVisit" programme funded through a grant from the EU and the Czech Ministry of Culture, ATI will support networking visits of arts professionals to Asian platforms throughout 2023, with the aim of stimulating international cooperation, professional growth and development between the two regions.
The participants will be selected through open calls and will be divided in small groups. The art professionals will travel to Asia to attend festivals/events/platforms and meet with practitioners and organisations, an occasion of exchange and capacity building.
PerformCzech is an information portal for performing arts professionals coordinated by the Department of International Cooperation of the Arts and Theatre Institute (ATI). PerformCzech provides a range of activities related to the internationalisation of the Czech performing arts scene: theatre, dance, contemporary circus and multidisciplinary projects. The programme aims to:
- Initiate and participate in projects, platforms and activities that link the Czech performing arts scene with artists, networks and organisations abroad
- Support the professional growth and internationalisation of Czech professionals in performing arts
- Provide a home base of Czech Centres of international non-governmental theatre organisations such as AICT, ASSITEJ, ITI, OISTAT and UNIMA, and members of international networks
Arts professionals from different sectors have been selected to attend events in Asia.
July, networking visit for Youth Theatre Professionals
- ASSITEJ Korea International Summer Festival 2023 (Seoul, Korea)
- ricca ricca*festa 2023 (Okinawa, Japan)
August, networking visit for Youth Theatre Professionals
- Iida Puppet Festa 2023 (Iida City, Japan)
September, networking visit for Theatre Professionals
- “Saint Muse 17” International Theater Festival 2023 (Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia)
October, networking visit for Performing Arts Independent Producers
- Kyoto Experiment 2023 (Kyoto, Japan)
- ASEF LinkUp | Asia-Europe Cultural Diplomacy Lab 2023 (Singapore)
November, networking visit for Contemporary Dance Professionals
- City Contemporary Dance Festival (CCDF) 2023 (Hong Kong, China)
- HOTPOT East Asia Dance Platform (Hong Kong, China)