We Make Culture 2023 training on human rights education
The We Make Culture project is looking to gather 20 young artists and participants from Spain, France, Germany and Greece to take part in a training programme that will equip them with peace-building and human rights education skills.
Organised by the Youth Peace Ambassadors Network, there are two training sessions:
- 14–21 April 2023 in Guriezo (Spain)
- 3–10 July 2023 in Evian (France)
We Make Culture programme details
In the first training, the programme explores topics such as human rights and its violations, peaceful conflict transformation, dialogue creation, nonviolent communication and social participation. This is followed by a webinar on artivism.
During the second training in Evian (France) participants will start creating a booklet “Drawing for Peace” to raise awareness on human rights violations and other societal issues. They will also organise 4 local activities.
Profile of participants
A total of approximately 20 participants, between 18 and 35 years old, from 4 European countries (5 per country) will be selected.
- People involved in arts, activism, visuals, digital skills or other creative formats
- Youth workers and leaders interested to learn more about creative methods used in peacebuilding and human rights education
- Young people who believe in positive changes in their communities
- Those from underrepresented groups (especially from the LGBTQ+ movement or the disabilities associations)
There is no cost to participate in the programme.
The programme will reimburse participants for their travel to France and Spain to limit established officially for the European Commission in the Program Erasmus+ Guide 2023.
For those choosing green travel (by train, for example), the programme will try to provide a higher reimbursement.
Deadline: 31 January 2023