Digitalisation training for circus and dance artists
Digital Leap international project is calling for professional circus and dance artists based in Czech Republic, Finland, France, Lithuania, Norway, Spain or Sweden to apply for the Digital Leap learning modules on digitalisation.
The Digital Leap learning modules are two 5-day events consisting of theory about and hands-on training in digital platforms from different perspectives.
Topics range from distributing performances by using digital tools, connecting with audiences in digital and virtual environments, and learning how to employ these tools in a way that best suits a practitioner’s personal artistic practice.
Four to six artists representing circus and/or dance from each participating country will be chosen for each of the modules. Applicants can apply for and be selected to participate in both of the modules, but they may also be chosen for only one of them.
Module 3: Expanding your practice at your computer desktop – Distribution strategies on the Internet 3.0
4–8 October 2022, Terrassa & Manresa, Spain, hosted by Institut Ramon Llull.
Module 4: Reaching and engaging with audiences through digital means
Beginning of February 2023, Aix-en-Provence/Marseille, France, hosted by ARTCENA.
What is provided?
The learning modules are free of charge for all selected participants. Digital Leap will cover the travel and accommodation costs of the participants. Meals, local transportation and other costs will be at participants’ own expense.
- Professional* circus and dance artists based in Czech Republic, Finland, France, Lithuania, Norway, Spain or Sweden
- An interest in gaining new digital skills and having learning goals for the modules
- An existing online presence and familiarity with computers and mobile devices
- A working proficiency in English
* Circus and dance artists who either have a formal education in their art form, artistic working experience in a professional context or have received public funding for their artistic work.
Deadline: 13 June 2022