Vienna | studio das weisse haus residency call
Open call for international artists who work in the field of installation in combination with sound, video and performance art. Apply for a funded residency at studio das weisse haus in Vienna, with the main goal to promote an emerging artist and to facilitate a two-month stay in Vienna in combination with an exhibition.
studio das weisse haus provides
- a rent-free accommodation (studio with bathroom and kitchenette)
- a rent-free working space in a shared studio
- a one-time contribution to travel expenses up to 200 euros for traveling within Europe, and 400 euros for traveling outside of Europe.
- a monthly allowance of 500 euros to cover basic living costs. We recommend to the candidates to look for additional funding.
- a one-time contribution of 500 euros to cover the production costs of the proposed project.
- the presentation of the proposed project in das weisse haus. The opening is scheduled between April 8 – April 12, 2019. The exhibition will be on display until May 18, 2019.
- the possibility for a public discussion as part of the monthly series “Wednesday with…” on April 24, 2019, 7 pm.
- a varied program with exhibition and studio visits
- ongoing support by the staff of studio das weisse haus.
This call is addressed to international artists who work in the field of installation in combination with sound, video and performance art. The main selection criteria will be the proposed exhibition concept. Please review on the website the floorplan and spatial views of das weisse haus.
The initial concept for the circular exhibition space in das weisse haus should focus on the idea of a vivid space that changes throughout the duration of the exhibition. Therefore the presentation may also have a discursive, site-specific and/or participatory format. In addition, the exhibition should relate to current topics, addressing socio-political issues, questioning curatorial practices, or dealing with participatory processes.
Please take into consideration that the set-up of the installation will start right after the arrival on April 03, 2019. The opening is scheduled between April 8 – April 12, 2019. The exhibition will be run until May 18, 2019. Parallel to this presentation, the exhibition “Parallex Trading – contemporary art practices in Austria and Japan” will be on display in das weisse haus, which is organized on the occasion of 150 years of diplomatic relations between Austria and Japan.
@ studio das weisse haus
more info > http://www.studiodasweissehaus.at/artist-in-residence-2019…/
DEADLINE <<< 1st February 2019