Germany | Media Art awards and grants at Edith-Russ-Haus
International calls are open for two media art grant/award programmes at the Edith-Russ-Haus in Oldenburg, Germany. Grants for Media Art 2014 are offered for three new projects and the Sparda Bank Awards for Emerging Media Artists offer financial awards and exhibition opportunities to artists under 35 years.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Application deadline: February 16, 2014
The Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art will award three Grants for Media Art 2014 of the Foundation of Lower Saxony (10,000 € each).
The grant from the Foundation of Lower Saxony at the Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art supports a wide spectrum of media art, from video art and net-based projects to audio or audio-visual installations.
Each grant will be awarded for the production of a new project in the area of media art.
A guest apartment is available for the duration of the project but no other costs (travel, production etc.) are offered.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS deadline: 16 February 2014
In 2014 the Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art will award up to five grants for artistic works in the area of new media.
- two grants to the amount of 3,000,- € (three thousand euros) and participation in the Award for Emerging Artists exhibition at the ERH
- up to three artists will be acknowledged by having their work presented in the Award for Emerging Artists exhibition at the ERH.
The Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art would like to recognize new stances in media art and support the winning artists with grants and/or an exhibition. The Edith-Russ-Haus Award for Emerging Media Artists of the Sparda Bank is intended to lastingly promote the careers of young media artists.
Prizes will be awarded to existing works in the broad spectrum of media art – from Internet-based projects and video art to sound or audiovisual installation.
- The prize will be awarded for an existing work that was not created before 2011. You apply with the work and documentation thereof.
- Participation is open to international artists aged 35 or below. Artists’ groups may apply, however this does not increase the amount of the grant.
- A jury consisting of international experts will select the prize-winners.
The Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art opened in 2000 and is devoted to a wide range of current issues related to media art. It regularly mounts exhibitions of international artists and organises series of presentations and lectures for artists and media theorists.
Image: ss-io (Hyun Ju Song and Mi Lyoung Bae): "The Moment" Generative audiovisual installation| winners of an Emerging Media Artist Award 2013