Seoul | 2019 MMCA International Research Fellowship
The National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (MMCA) hosts an international research program for museum professionals including curators, conservators and educators. Applications are open for the 2019 MMCA International Research Fellowship. Applications invited from Asia (among qualifying world regions - see guidelines: DAC-ODA recipient countries).
This research program aims to provide a sustainable platform for initiating dialogues and for developing a comprehensive network among museum professionals.
- Period : July - November, 2019
- Host Institution : National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Inviting Researchers : 3 professionals
- Program Description
- Individual research in link with Korean modern and contemporary artResearch fellow must present a final essay of his/her research at the end of the fellowship.
- Visiting art studios, museums, galleries and art institutions
- Meeting artists and museum professionals in Korea
- Attending art related conferences
- Cultural field trips
- Korean language course (mandatory)
Individuals who work in related fields of contemporary art such as museum professionals, curators, art historians, critics, conservators, educators, etc.
- Citizen of the following regions: Asia, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Central and South America
For the list of eligible countries, please refer to the following link; http://c11.kr/3k7m
Applicants with other citizenship than mentioned above will NOT be considered.
- Aged between 25 and 45
- Good use of English language
- Individuals who have high interest in cultural exchange
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2019
This program was initiated as a part of the Cultural Partnership Initiative (CPI) Project supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea. Participants of this program have been mainly curators of contemporary art museums from all over the world.