15 Apr 2015
Korea MMCA International Research Fellowship
National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (MMCA) invites museum professionals to apply for 2015 MMCA International Research Fellowship, for a 5 month stay in Korea (Jun-Nov) to research, study, network and engage with art, museum and culture sector.
Eligibility: It is open to contemporary art professionals working in museums and galleries sector (curators, art historians, critics, conservators, educators etc.); applicants must come from an eligible country/region (including Asia and Eastern Europe); applicants must be aged 25-45. For further details of eligibility requirements see below.
The National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (MMCA) hosts an international research program for the museum professionals including curators, conservators and educators. This program was initiated as a part of the Cultural Partnership Initiative (CPI) Project supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea. Participants of this program have been mainly curators of art museums from all over the world.
This research program aims to provide a sustained platform for initiating dialogues and for developing a comprehensive network among museum professionals.
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2015
The general information and requirements of the program are listed as below:
1. Period: June 15 - November 15, 2015
2. Host Institution: National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
3. Inviting Researchers: 3 professionals
4. Program Description:
- Individual research in link with Korean modern and contemporary art * Research fellow must present a final essay of his/her research before the research presentation to be held at the end of the fellowship
- Visiting art studios, museums, galleries and art institutions
- Meeting artists and museum professionals in Korea
- Attending art related conferences
- Cultural field trips
- Korean language course (mandatory)
5. General Qualifications
- Individuals who work in related fields of contemporary art such as museum professionals, curators, art historians, critics, conservators, educators, etc.
- Citizen of the following countries: countries in Asia, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe and South America * Applicants from other countries than those mentioned above will NOT be considered
- Aged between 25 and 45
- Good use of English language
- Individuals who have high interest in cultural exchange
See website for details of what is offered (travel, accommodation, living expenses grant, obligatory Korean language course fees etc.) and how to apply.
25 Feb 2018
26 Mar 2019
22 Mar 2016
09 Mar 2017
06 Apr 2012