Seoul - 2018 MMCA International Research Fellowship
The National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Seoul, Korea (MMCA) hosts an international research program for museum professionals aged 25-45, including curators, conservators and educators. Call is open to eligible applicants (including professionals from Asia and Eastern Europe) for the July-November 2018 fellowship.
This program was initiated as a part of the Cultural Partnership Initiative (CPI) Project supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea. Participants of this program have been mainly curators of contemporary art museums from all over the world.
This research program aims to provide a sustainable platform for initiating dialogues and for developing a comprehensive network among museum professionals.
The general information and requirements of the program are listed as below:
- Period - July - November, 2018
- Host Institution - National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Inviting Researchers - 3 professionals
- Individual research in link with Korean modern and contemporary art
* Research fellow must present a final essay of his/her research at the end of the fellowship.
- Visiting art studios, museums, galleries and art institutions
- Meeting artists and museum professionals in Korea
- Attending art related conferences
- Cultural field trips
- Korean language course (mandatory)
- Individuals who work in related fields of contemporary art such as museum professionals, curators, art historians, critics, conservators, educators, etc.
- Citizen of the following regions: Asia, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Central and South America
* Applicants from other regions than those mentioned above will NOT be considered.
- Aged between 25 and 45
- Good use of English language
- Individuals who have high interest in cultural exchange
Airfare, accommodation, living expenses, language course fees and other benefits are provided for the 3 selected museum professionals.
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2018