31 Jul 2014
Schloss Broellin performing arts production residency grants
Professional art groups from Germany and abroad can apply for a residence stay at Schloss Broelinn, Germany of up to three weeks in 2015 for the production of projects in contemporary dance, theatre and performance.
With several dance studios, production spaces and seminar rooms, as well as overnight accommodation and catering facilities, Schloss Bröllin offers space for artists to rehearse, experiment, train and relax in a creative atmosphere.
The goal of the residence programmes in Schloss Bröllin is to give ensembles and groups the possibility of a short and concentrated production phase, and to support groups whose members come from different places or countries. During the stay (3 weeks during the April-November 2015 period), the agreed working spaces, accommodation and boarding will be provided. The deadline for residence applications at Schloss Bröllin is the end of July each year (must be postmarked on or before the date), for residencies in the following year.
* Artists from all parts of the world and of all ages are welcome to apply.
* Preference will be given to groups or collaboration work.
* The applicants ought to have previous experience in realizing their own projects.
* One of the invited productions will be considered on the basis of its new talent.
* One of the invited productions ought to relate to the region or incorporate regional factors in its project.
* Preconditions also are a professional work method in sight as well as signs of an artistic idea with an idiosyncratic interesting approach in the form.
* As the support only covers the rehearsal period of the project, additional funds should be secured for the other stages of the project.
* Potential performance venues and partnerships for the project ought to be considered. The results of the residence will be performed publicly as a work-in-progress presentation at Schloss
* Residence groups are required to credit the association of Schloss Bröllin as well as the ministry of education, science and culture in the federal state of Mecklenburg- Western Pomerania in all publications related to the sponsored project.
Deadline for applications: July 31 2014
Schloss Bröllin is an international art research location by artists for artists and guests from all over the world. An 800 years old heritage-protected site, situated in the German-Polish border area 40 km west of Szczecin, 6 km south of Pasewalk, and 130 km north of Berlin, Schloss Bröllin offers a variety of in- and outdoor rehearsal spaces for dance, theatre and music, as well as several conference and seminar rooms. For accommodation there are a number of options available. Covering an area of 53.000 m2, there is plenty of space to experiment, train and relax.
Over 500 dance-, theater- and performance projects have been developed here by artists from around the world, and later performed regionally, nationally and internationally.
25 Jul 2012