11 Jan 2015
Royal Arts Gala Fund 2014 | international mobility grants for Malaysian performing arts
The Royal Arts Gala Fund is open for applications from Malaysian artists and arts companies in the performing arts. This initiative encourages the global cultural mobility, with the larger aim of extending networks and supporting collaboration between cultural professionals from Malaysia and international partners.
Grant Support Levels : RM 1,000 to RM 30,000
Deadline: 11 January 2015
- Promote original Malaysian/artiste works overseas.
- Encourage and facilitate international co-production and collaborations.
- Develop technical and managerial skills for performing arts managers and administrators.
- Undertake research and documentation projects in performing arts.
Who Can Receive A Grant
Applicants are required to
- Be Malaysian citizens or Malaysian permanent residents who are actively engaged in the Malaysian performing arts industry.
- Apply for the fund individually or collectively. Artists, choreographers, composers, dancers, directors, musicians and writers are eligible to apply. However the lead applicant must assume full administrative responsibility as well as be involved in the whole process. The lead applicant must be a Malaysian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Proposals that involve collaborations with foreigners are eligible. Foreign collaborators must not represent more than half of the team
SEE the website for the selection and assessment criteria
MyPAA in collaboration with the National Department for Culture and Arts, Ministry of Tourism & Culture hosts The Royal Arts Gala on an annual basis as an effort to raise the profile of the arts in Malaysia, encourage private sector participation in supporting the development of artistic and cultural aspects of Malaysia and to fundraise for the industry. The funds raised is made available thanks to the corporate partners and arts enthusiasts who purchased tables during The Royal Arts Gala. The first call for applications of The Royal Arts Gala Fund helped 31 artistes/organisations in 2013/2014 in their works - see video.
17 Apr 2019
14 Jul 2012
08 Aug 2019
07 Apr 2016