28 Jul 2013
Realise Your Dream | British Council opportunity for Australian creatives
Realise Your Dream is Australia’s most recognised and long running professional development platform in the creative industries. This British Council programme nurtures and supports highly talented emerging practitioners in Australia in the first ten years of their practice, working across almost any discipline in the creative sector.
The UK creative industries sector is one of the world’s most valuable, innovative, progressive and vibrant. In 2013, five emerging Australian creatives will be given return flights to the UK, courtesy of Virgin Atlantic and $5000 each to make the most of their time away. The British Council will tailor a unique professional development program with the winners, connecting them to UK industry experts, leaders and practitioners who will expand their networks and inspire them to build sustainable and successful careers.
There are FIVE (5) Realise Your Dream awards up for grabs in 2013. One of these is a People’s Choice Award.
Winners will receive:
- $5,000 cash to assist with expenses in the UK
- A return Virgin Atlantic economy flight from Sydney to the UK
- Assistance from the British Council in Sydney & industry experts in the UK to help plan a tailored professional development programme.
- An introduction to a network of high profile contacts in the UK based on your creative discipline including industry experts, creative organisations, artistic practitioners, policy makers, education providers and businesses.
British Council Australia will work with you to design the programme for your visit to the UK based on the information you provide during the application process. Using our diverse UK network, we will match your aspirations as best as possible to advance your career development opportunities and assist in creating a programme that might include introductions to new networks, securing an internship, professional industry placements or recommending events and courses of study.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Anyone aged 18-45 in the first 10 years of their creative practice across the disciplines of advertising; animation; architecture; computer game design; design; digital media; interdisciplinary arts; fashion; film and video; literature and writing; music; the performing arts; photography; publishing; television and radio production; video art; or visual art. Other categories are also welcomed.
- You must be able to leave for the UK Before July 31, 2014
- Able to attend a two-day Awards and Finals on October 22 & 23 2013.
- In possession of a valid passport or able to obtain one by date of departure.
- Collectives can apply, but only one member will receive the prize value.
A 2013 Realise Your Dream winner should exhibit:
- Demonstrated creative achievement & success in their chosen field
- Clearly defined professional goals & career direction
- An innovative and resourceful professional approach
- Willingness to strengthen relationship between Australian and UK Creative Industries
Deadline for entries: 28 July 2013
NOTE: this programme is for Australian creatives who meet the eligibility criteria listed above
15 May 2012