13 Oct 2017
Australia ASEAN Emerging Leaders Program | apply now
The Australia ASEAN Emerging Leaders Program (A2ELP) is a three month leadership program for 15 social entrepreneurs from ASEAN and Australia. The program includes: pre-program education, a ten-day intensive program in Melbourne and Sydney including workshops, networking events, field visits, cultural activities, and support for implementation.
The A2ELP 2018 aligns with the ASEAN-Australian Special Summit, a high-level event which aims to strengthen Australia’s strategic partnership with ASEAN. A2ELP 2017 alumni and 2018 delegates will partake in a range of activities associated with the Summit, including high level dialogues with leaders in government and business.
A2ELP is designed to:
- Enhance the leadership potential of participants;
- Strengthen and expand people-to-people, professional, and institutional networks between Australia and South-East Asia and;
- Showcase contemporary Australian and South-East Asian creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
A2ELP is an Australian Government initiative and is a flagship program for the Australia-ASEAN Council (AAC) with co-funding contributions from the Australia Awards and Alumni Branch (AWB) at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The 2018 program will also include co-funding from the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (PM&C) for the 2017 alumni. The A2ELP is implemented by Asialink, at The University of Melbourne. The 2018 workshop delivery partners include Asialink Business and BlueChilli.
Over a three-month period, participants will:
- build knowledge of scalable and sustainable business models to achieve long term change
- develop skills to engage a range of stakeholders
- receive training in cultural intelligence and lean start-up methodology
- participate in networking events and field visits to innovative social ventures in Australia
- discuss the latest thinking and ideas in social impact with academic experts and industry leaders
- foster connections with participants through peer mentoring exercises and alumni engagement
Participants will travel to Australia from 10 to 19 March 2018 to participate in a ten-day intensive program in Melbourne and Sydney.
ELIGIBILITY: Program participants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Citizens of Australia or an ASEAN country (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines)
- founder or co-founder of a social enterprise
- aged between 25-35 years old
- can demonstrate said enterprises potential impact in social / economic / environmental causes while being scaleable and profitable
- be able to demonstrate relevance to a relationship with, or ability to scale in South-East Asia
- be able to commit to the three-month program including pre-departure preparation, ten-day intensive, and post program requirements
- be able to access digital technology to engage in all three stages of the program
- be able to provide one professional written reference
- professional working knowledge of the English language
Deadline for applications: 13 October 2017
25 Sep 2017
15 May 2012