Prince Claus Seed Awards 2023
Prince Claus is calling for applications from individual emerging artists and cultural practitioners who live and work in the eligible countries (including in Asia and Eastern Europe) for their Seed Awards 2023.
Each year, Prince Claus grants Seed Awards to 100 emerging artists working in contexts where cultural expression is under pressure, to support their personal and artistic development, amplify their talent, and ultimately spark a new wave of changemakers.
Prince Claus offers 100 Seed Awards to emerging artists and cultural practitioners, who each receive 5,000 EUR to develop their artistic and cultural practice.
They encourage applications from creatives who:
- Empower free expression and create safe spaces that cultivate the creativity and confidence to challenge norms
- Generate exchange, cooperation, and knowledge-sharing related to current global crises
- Generate participation and alternative narratives for minority and marginalised identities and groups, particularly those censored for political, religious, identity, cultural or economic issues
Seed Awards welcome application from eligible applicants who:
- Are in the early and exploratory stages of their career (1–5 years of their professional career)
- Have found their own voice with an innovative and interesting artistic practice that addresses pressing social/political issues important within their local context
- Have received little to no institutional recognition/support for their artistic/cultural practices
Prince Claus invites applications from individual emerging artists and cultural practitioners who live and work in eligible countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and Eastern Europe.
Deadline: 23 February 2023
Powered by Froala Editor