30 Jun 2010
Portugal-Asia cultural grants: Fundacao Oriente
The Fundação Oriente awards short term scholarships to applicants from Far Eastern countries, who wish to attend courses, undergo training periods or make field work in Portugal. Scholarships are also awarded for the same purposes to Portuguese citizens undertaking similar work in Far Eastern countries.
Scholarships are awarded for a minimum of 15 days and a maximum of 90 days.
- Preference will be given to applicants working in the following areas: Plastic Arts, History, Art History, Cultural Heritage, Design, Photography, Architecture, Museum Science and Conservation and Restoration. However, applications are accepted in areas other than the above mentioned.
- Applications for training periods from university students are not accepted.
- Applications for the attendance of Portuguese or Oriental languages courses are not accepted under this programme.
Amount and benefits
- The amount to be paid by the Foundation will take into account the duration of the scholarship and the country where the course, training period or field trip takes place.
- Travel expenses (return ticket) between the scholarship holder’s permanent place of residence and the country where the course, training period or field trip takes place will be paid for by the Fundação Oriente.
Applications must reach the Foundation as follows:
- In June for scholarships to be enjoyed during the first semester of the following year
- In December for scholarships to be enjoyed in the second semester of the following year
How to apply
Applicants must fill the application form available at our website or premises and forward it to the Fundação together with the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Certificate or authenticated copies of academic qualifications in the area of application;
- Detailed plan of the course, training period or field trip as well as estimated time required to complete the project;
- Document of acceptance by the qualified supervisor and/or of the enrolment in the host institution;
- Two reference letters of the applicant/project;
- Applicants in the artistic area must also forward their portfolio and press clipping.
Every document must be written in either Portuguese or English. Whenever documents have to be translated from an oriental language, the translation must be duly certified.
10 Jun 2015
14 Jun 2011
15 May 2018