19 Jun 2016
Korea | DongGang International Photo Festival - call for DRONE photography entries
Call for entries of aerial photography, shot using a quadcopter drone, for the 15th DongGang International Photo Festival, to be held this year from 15th July to 25th September, 2016 in DongGang, Yeonwol, Korea.
Flying in the Sky
I have always longed to be free as a bird flying in the sky. For a long time, images of the world seen from a bird’s-eye view have been regarded somewhat extraordinary. Using today’s technology, however, such images are quite effortlessly obtainable. By virtue of the drones with cameras, aerial photos are readily accessible today. Now I feel it is time to really meet the world I am living in —its beauty and its marvel in their entirety— with the aid of the cameras that can fly.
Individuals and collectives are welcome to apply; individuals should select and enter between six and ten photographs from a particular series or body of work. Artist of the year (winner) and between 10 and 20 photographers / artists will benefit from:
- solo exhibition for the artist of year
- the winner(s) will be eligible for travel and accommodation
- production (printing, framing or related presentation material)
- exhibition exposure at the Festival's main exhibition space/outdoor
- inclusion in art magazine and any related press
- long term festival representation and promotion on official website
- publications/ catalog
- being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
- having their work viewed by an international panel of influential experts in the field of photography
DongGang International Photo Festival aims to feature a quality selection of photography projects from around the world. Festival’s open call is devoted to offering a platform and supporting photography, showcasing photography and related media from emerging and established artists.
Venue: The selected projects will be presented to DongGang International Photo Festival in DongGang in main exhibition space, screening or outdoor space.
Dates: The Main Program of DongGang International Photo Festival 2016 will be held from July 15 to Sep 25, 2016.
Eligibility: Submission to DongGang International Photo Festival 2016 is open to artists, collectives, galleries and organizations from around the world.
Deadline: Submissions must be made before 19th June 2016, 00.00 hrs
There is no entry fee for submissions
17 Feb 2016
28 Jan 2016
05 Feb 2015