15 Jun 2016
12th Angkor Photo Festival & Workshops | call for submissions
Open call to photographers and multimedia artists to submit work for selection in the Festival Programme of the 12th Angkor Photo Festival & Workshops, to be held this year from 3rd – 10th December 2016 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The longest-running photography event in Southeast Asia, the annual Angkor Photo Festival & Workshops is a free international platform and educational resource for established and emerging photographers. The weeklong event features exhibitions, outdoor projections, professional workshops, and outreach activities.
For our 12th Edition, we continue to have two different submission categories. The ‘OPEN’ category, accepts work on all topics and issues, and the ‘THE IMPACT PROJECT’ seeks stories on individuals, groups, or small organizations working to make a difference.
As the landscape of storytelling has been continually evolving in this digital age, we are also now open to receiving multimedia submissions for all categories. As Programme Coordinator Françoise Callier says: “When the right balance between photography, video and audio is found, the strength of the testimony can be further revealed in a more spirited way“.
Before submitting your work, do read all instructions and the F.A.Q. carefully. The submission form is provided on the website.
Deadline: 15th JUNE 2016, 7 PM (GMT +7 Cambodia time)
2016 SUBMISSION CATEGORIES
- OPEN THEME: No imposed theme, open to all topics and issues.
- THE IMPACT PROJECT: The news of today centers around tragedy, catastrophe and war. It can sometimes be difficult to remember that good things are happening too. The Impact Project aims to showcase stories about individuals and groups working to make a positive impact on social or environmental issues.
- Open to photographers of all ages and nationalities.
- There is no submission fee.
- All submissions will receive an email response by August 2016.
- All submission forms must be completed and written in English
23 Apr 2014
11 Nov 2016