Italy | Lubica Lucca Biennale Cartasia 2024 call for paper artworks
Lubica Lucca Biennale Cartasia is calling for project submissions from artists, architects, designers, and engineers interested in creating monumental (both outdoor and indoor) or smaller (indoor) paper artworks for the Biennale, 28 July to 29 September 2024 in Lucca, Italy.
Lubica Lucca Biennale Cartasia is a key event celebrating paper as an artistic and architectural means worldwide and the theme of 12th edition is “Here and Now: Tomorrow”. The selected monumental artworks will either be exhibited in the main squares of Lucca (outdoor), or in the indoor venues.
No restrictions apply to the submission format of project ideas (paper booklet, drawings, photographs, video, and more), as long as the following details are provided:
- Volume size
- Project concepts must be in line with Lubica’s theme
- Suggest an installation site (a list of all possible outdoor installation sites is available on the website)
By 15 January 2024, semi-finalists must send a feasibility study of their artwork and build a small-scale model. Among the semi-finalists, a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10 artists will be selected as finalists.
Finalists must submit their final executive project by 15 April 2024. Artists will be hosted in Lucca while they create their art pieces between 17 June and 20 July 2024.
What is provided
- Accommodation for the time required for the construction of the artwork
- Round-trip travel expenses
- Agreement on food expenses
- A cash prize of 1,000 EUR to be awarded at the end of the event
- Promotion of both the artwork and artist
- Predominant use of paper and cardboard
- Entering one or more original projects
- Being at least 18 years old
Deadline: 30 September 2023