K3 Tanzplan Hamburg | choreography residencies
K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies per season to choreographers, who are currently at the beginning of their career and have produced some choreographic work of their own. The residency begins in August and runs until April of the following year. The residency includes mentoring and dramaturgical, technical, and production related support. It moreover links the projects proposed by the choreographers in residence closely to the various other ongoing programs of K3.
The goal of the residency is to develop and strengthen the connections between choreographic practice, research, artistic production, and qualification. The length of eight months should provide sufficient time and space for overcoming conventional rhythms of production and open up space for exchange with other artists and interested parties in order to receive new impulses and contacts. Over the course of the residency the three choreographers will each develop a full-length piece that is presented at the end of the residency on three evenings.
- The applicant must be at the beginning of his/her career and should have already implemented some projects of his/her own (outside of a university context).
- The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from August 2022 until April 2023 to stay in Hamburg.
- The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3.
- The applicant is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
- The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting her/his own work, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
- Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
- K3 accept applications in all choreographic fields (e.g. dance for young audience) and from all nationalities.
The residency programme covers
- A monthly scholarship (for living expenses, accommodation).
- One-time travel expenses from and to place of residence.
- A moderate production budget for the performances at the end of the residency, which allows for a small team over the last few weeks of the residency.
- Use of the K3 studios.
- An accompanying support from the K3 team in the fields of dramaturgy, organisation, technical assistance, and public relations.
- Active participation in the K3 outreach programme.
- After consulting with K3, accessibility costs can be covered in most cases.
For choreographers interested in applying for the residency programme, K3 offers an info zoom on 5 August
Deadline: 12 August 2021